Friday, December 3, 2010

Throwback Friday



I've used this song before, I know, but Pete Rock raps of a young man who lost his life too soon. The question arises when is too soon, your 20th birthday? While you're in college, a semester from earning your degree? There's no right answer and a lot of people look to the sky to find what they're looking for in those regards, many show anger and a few quiet up and act strong.

I stand on my soapbox and ask these questions because this morning I was awoke by a telephone call saying a local pizza joint burned down, and that two people died in the fire. On any other day one would write this off considering the news reports on tragedy hourly, but for me, my brothers and the sisters of Kappa Tau Epsilon it strikes deeply. Today we lost a brother and a sister, two students who didn't deserve this and there's not much more I can say. I let the music speak for me.

Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth-They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)

No comments:

Post a Comment